800 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10022
+1 312 429 5124
Jay Mandel is an experienced lawyer who focuses his practice on complex litigation, including the defense of private and institutional clients in white-collar criminal investigations and prosecutions. Mr. Mandel also focuses his practice on disputes against banks, investment companies, and other financial services firms on behalf of institutional investors and other institutional clients. He has extensive experience representing clients in state and federal courts, as well as before administrative agencies.
Before becoming of counsel at Kobre & Kim, Mr. Mandel focused his practice on the representation of publicly traded companies, closely held businesses and individuals in a wide array of financial services and commercial litigation.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- The George Washington University Law School, JD
- University of Michigan, BA
- Representation of a publicly traded company in a US $20 million+ Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration against Merrill Lynch for alleged violations of securities laws and broker-dealer duties.
- Obtained a US $30 million award on behalf of U.S. Airways Inc. against Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. before a FINRA arbitration panel in New York for alleged violations of securities laws and broker-dealer duties.
- Representation of an institutional investor in connection with efforts to recover US $280 million+ in losses arising from the Bernard L. Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Representation of an individual charged with Medicare fraud by the U.S. Department of Justice.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.